Monday 12 February 2018

New stuff wot sounds like old stuff #1

Thought I'd post some new stuff this week (with a gig review in the middle). In fairness, it's mainly new stuff that sounds like old stuff. First up, Anna Burch - formerly of Frontier Ruckus and Failed Flowers - has just released her debut solo album 'Quit The Curse'. Now I know there's more than a few fans of old-school C86-style indie pop that drop by here, so here's a recommendation for you. Personally, I find the album a little too fey and lightweight in places, but there are some nice tunes to be found. This one, for instance:



4 comments:

  1. Very nice. I'm no expert, but I reckon that Brian will be all over this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weirdly, I stumbled across Anna Burch for the first time yesterday when I disappeared down a youtube rabbit hole and kept clicking on the suggested videos in the sidebar. I definitely thought she was worthy of further investigation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Swede knows me well. I count myself a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian was the first person who popped into my head too!!!

    Not so sure myself.....a wee bit too clean and lovely for the mood I'm in these days!!

    ReplyDelete