Wednesday 3 June 2015

Welsh Wednesday #39

June is going to be 'emerging talent month' for Welsh Wednesday. For the next four weeks, I'm featuring a few of my favourite new acts coming out of this fair little nation, ready to take the world by storm...

#39: Luna by Cut Ribbons

I haven't featured anyone from Llanelli in this series yet - so here's a first. Cut Ribbons is a band I've only just discovered and I can't get enough of them. They make the most wonderful noise, they really do. The closest comparisons I can think of would be The Joy Formidable and Arcade Fire. The band's key dynamic seems to lie in the joint lead vocals of Aled and Anna; Anna especially has a great voice, with a range that rivals anyone.

To date, the band has released a couple of EPs and a few singles, the latest of which, Clouds, came out last month. They've played numerous festivals (including Reading and Leeds) and will no doubt be out and about this summer too. They're on my list of 'must sees' for sure.

I saw a clip of them at Reading recently. They played Luna, and I knew instantly that it would have to be a Welsh Wednesday track. So here it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment