Friday 8 July 2016

Daughters, Bullies & The Mac

Lissie's latest album 'My Wild West' - her third - sounds a little too much like Lana Del Ray in places for my liking. But two-thirds of the way through is Daughters, an absolute peach of a song in which she channels Stevie Nicks. A very good thing.



Daughters was written for WaterAid, as the video suggests. Its message is clear enough so I won't dwell on it, I just think it's the best thing she's done for quite a while. I've written about Lissie before and mentioned the Stevie Nicks resemblance then. Not that I want to labour the point or anything, but she also does a terrific version of one of Fleetwood Mac's best songs:



And just for the hell of it, here's a live version of my favourite Lissie song:




Soundtrack:
Your MP3 for the day is another cover, one which compliments tomorrow's post:

No comments:

Post a Comment