Monday 6 June 2016

This Monday Reggae Feeling #10

Money Money by Horace Andy

This will be the last Monday reggae track for now, but I will no doubt revive it at some point as it has been one of the most enjoyable of all the series I've done so far. Well, enjoyable for me at least. So, how to bring things to a suitable (temporary) ending? Why, with a stone cold classic, that's how.

'Dance Hall Style' is an absolute masterpiece in reggae production. It came out in 1982, by which time Horace Andy was already a well-established artist with several albums to his name. He is perhaps best known to UK music fans as a regular collaborator with Massive Attack, the only artist to appear on all their albums. Now one of reggae's elder statesmen, Horace can often be seen on the festival circuit and he still releases records of his own, the most recent of which was released in 2013.

The extended dub jams on the CD reissue of 'Dance Hall Style' make it all the more enjoyable. This version of opener Money Money is an absolute must on any reggae mixtape/playlist.



Soundtrack:

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyable for me also Robster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to see this series ending so soon Robster - and just as summer arrives too! I must pull my finger out and get on with my own, long threatened, reggae series.

    ReplyDelete