Saturday 19 March 2016

The Devil's Music

Up Jumped The Devil by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

After a few songs that made the series purely because of their titles, not because I particularly liked them, today's instalment is just pure quality. I surely don't need to tell you anything about Lord Nick of Brighton; we all know he's long had a devilish side to him. My daughters used to think Nick looked like a vampire. Looking at the cover of 'Tender Prey', I can see why. This merry tale appeared on that album, the Bad Seeds' fifth, immediately after the chilling Mercy Seat. Jet black storytelling of the finest order.



Soundtrack:

3 comments:

  1. Excellent selection Robster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. top notch.

    Have you got a copy of the live rendition of Stagger Lee from the Abbatoir Blues tour? Old Stag ends up having a tete-a-tete with Lucifer in a new verse added on at the end. If not, e-mail me and I'll get a file over to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do indeed, and it's a ripper. I might even post it at some point. There's a definite hole in this blog where plenty of Nick Cave should be. That will be fixed.

      Delete