Sunday 11 October 2015

Special celebratory Welsh Sunday

To mark the Welsh national football team's remarkable achievement of qualifying for the 2016 European Championships - their first major tournament in 58 years - I'm posting an appropriate tune.

Despite losing to Bosnia last night, the team's wonderful performances over the last couple of years have brought them deserved success after decades of failure. Add to that the nation's injury-ravaged rugby team reaching the quarter-finals of the World Cup and it's a time of great excitement in Welsh sport right now.

So here's Catatonia and their rousing anthem International Velvet. Now, I'm English, but being an honorary Welshman (according to my mates) even I can relate to how the people of my adopted homeland can sing, with heartfelt abandon, "Everyday when I wake up I thank the lord I'm Welsh."



3 comments:

  1. Congratulation for qualifying to the next year European championship. Seems like the team is more than Bale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - well deserved.
    I am old enough to remember when Scotland qualified for such things having attended Italia 90 and France 98

    ReplyDelete